Sound Generations is proud to support our local Age-Friendly Communities movement–an ongoing effort with the City of Seattle and many organizations to make our region more age-friendly under criteria established by AARP and the World Health Organization called “The 8 Domains of Livability.”
As part of our efforts to support this movement, we periodically share local events that facilitate dialogue, promote respect for diversity, and educate people on the “age friendly” movement.
One upcoming event – Aging the LGBTQ Way: A Forum on Equity, Respect & Inclusion – will be offered Saturday, June 3 at Seattle City Hall.
This event offers participants the chance to:
- Learn about the Aging with Pride: National Health, Aging, Sexuality and Gender Study.
- Talk about intersections among race, gender, and equity issues.
- Attend workshops on LGBTQ equity, respect, and social inclusion; and aginig, health and community service.
- Help develop Age Friendly Seattle.
- Build intergenerational relationships.
- Get resources.
Those interested may RSVP here.
Where: Seattle City Hall | 601 5th Ave
When: Saturday, 6/3/2017 | 10 AM – 5:30 PM