Is there an older adult that inspires you?
Every year, Sound Generations hosts our annual Inspire Positive Aging Awards (IPAA) Luncheon. The IPAA Luncheon celebrates and honors older adults across King County that exemplify positive aging.
Due to concerns surrounding COVID-19 and large event gatherings (especially for older individuals, which this event celebrates), we have made the decision for this year’s IPAA to go virtual.
Join Our Virtual Table
Help us celebrate the achievements of older adults in our community by joining our community table!
Create Your Own Table
Invite your friends and family to be a part of our movement in Positive Aging!
Want to nominate an outstanding individual for the IPAA?
We are currently accepting nominations from January 28, 2020 – May 8, 2020. Learn more about the IPAA official rules here.
Every year, we recognize recipients in the following categories:
- Advocacy & Activism
- Community Service
- Health & Wellness
- Intergenerational Impact
- Lifelong Learning
- Defining Inspiration
Nominees are comprised of individuals whose lives exemplify positive aging: community involvement, relationships, healthy living, endurance, creativity, and balance—all traits we ourselves hope to exhibit as we age.
Past IPAA Recipients and Nominees
Since 2006, the IPAA Luncheon has honored and recognized hundreds of nominees and stellar award recipients, chosen by a panel of board members, staff, and members of the community.
Inspire Positive Aging Award Sponsorship
- Sponsor one or several of our six award categories at the $5,000 level each and designate the funds to a center, program, or general support.
- Share why positive aging is important to your organization around your chosen sponsorship category, which will be displayed below the award recipient image and summary.
- Have your logo featured under the award recipient image with a “Brought to you by:”
- Sponsorship gift will be leveraged as a special “mini match challenge” on selected day to motivate others to give and support aging adult needs on https://bit.ly/SGLunchIn.
- Inclusion of logo and/or a 20-30 sec. ad for your service or company to be included in the day-of video broadcast.