Inspire Positive Aging Awards Official Rules
The two main prerequisites for nominations are that an individual or each member within the team must be at least 60 years of age or older, and must live within King County.
- Any person aged 60 and over who lives in King County, Washington, is eligible to be nominated.
You may nominate a couple or group for one award, but they will be recognized as one ‘Award Recipient’. Sound Generations employees, Board of Directors and their immediate families and households may not be nominated for this award. Persons who volunteer through Sound Generations and are otherwise eligible may be nominated. Sound Generations at its sole discretion will determine the winners’ eligibility. You cannot nominate yourself.
We reserve the right to re-categorize nominations if deemed appropriate.
- The recipients of the award grant Sound Generations the right to publish their name and image in any media for promotional purposes related to positive aging. Sound Generations and its employees may not be held liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this promotion or from any acceptance or use of any prize awarded.
- Any person is eligible to nominate a senior for the Inspire Award, whether or not he/she is a resident of King County.
The nominator of a winning nominee(s) grants Sound Generations the right to publish and use his/her name, image and nomination essay in any media for promotional purposes related to positive aging, unless anonymity is indicated in the nominator’s information section headed as “Nominated By:”
- Six Inspire Positive Aging Award recipients will be selected from among all eligible entries.
A committee consisting of community members, Sound Generations staff, and Board of Directors will make the selection. Decisions of the committee will be final. Judging will be based on evidence provided in the nominator’s full and accurate description of:
- The nominee’s inspirational qualities or behaviors.
- Examples of how the nominee influences others to think positively about aging.
- The nominee’s actions and/or personal ethics that reflect the spirit of their respective award category.
Entries must be received before midnight of the indicated date on the Inspire Positive Aging Awards event page. All entries become the property of Sound Generations. Sound Generations reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be abusing any aspect of the contest.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN.
The award recipients will receive an award plaque, $200 Visa Gift Card, and a commemorative certificate.
The nominators of the award recipients will receive a $50.00 Visa Gift Card.
All nominees will be given certificates and complimentary entry for themselves and a guest to Sound Generations’ Annual IPAA Luncheon.
The prizes are nontransferable, non-assignable, and non-endorsable, and no cash or other substitutions will be offered except at the sole discretion of Sound Generations. Sound Generations has the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
Winners’ Notification and Acceptance
The winners will be recognized publically at the IPAA Luncheon. Public announcements of the prize winners will appear online as well as in other publications or press materials for Sound Generations.
Attendance at the luncheon is not required to win.
Recipients may waive their right to receive a prize. In this case, an alternate recipient may be selected.
The Inspire Positive Aging Awards is a promotional contest produced by Sound Generations. External organizations supporting the event have provided informational and promotional backing, but have no influence in the choice of a recipient.