Just in time for warmer weather, here’s a recipe for Hawaiian Guava Cake! For more fun and informative content, subscribe to our e-newsletter.
- 1 strawberry cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups guava nectar or guava juice
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil room temp (liquid)
For the Cream Cheese Layer:
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
For the Guava Gel Topping:
- 2 cups guava nectar or guava juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- In a mixing bowl, mix together cake mix, guava juice, eggs, and coconut oil until well combined.
- Bake in a 9×13 glass baking dish according to cake mix package directions.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with hand mixer until fluffy.
- Add sugar and vanilla and mix well.
- Slowly fold in the Cool Whip and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the 2 cups guava juice and sugar to a boil.
- Make a slurry out of the cornstarch and a small amount of water.
- Remove guava juice from heat and stir in the cornstarch mixture.
- Return to heat and bring back to a boil and boil for one minute. Cool in refrigerator.
- When cake has cooled, spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cake.
- Glaze the top of the cake with guava gel. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Check out the original website where this article was posted for additional recipe information!