In addition to our award-winning fitness programs, we help people maintain emotional and physical health through the following workshops and services.
EnhanceWellness helps you accomplish the goals of your personalized health action plan. Our EnhanceWellness counselors work with you to move past barriers. We help you achieve the health you need, for the life you want to live.
With EnhanceWellness, individuals identify their personal strengths and risks, while creating an action plan that works for them. EnhanceWellness coaches help with problem solving, health education, and referrals to counseling and other support services.
The Program to Encourage Active, Rewarding Lives (PEARLS) is a highly effective method designed to reduce depressive symptoms and improve quality of life in older adults.
During six to eight PEARLS session, counselors empower people to take action that will bring lasting changes. The sessions focus on brief behavioral techniques, so you can lead an active and rewarding life.
The PEARLS Program
- Focuses on teaching skills to create active and lasting changes.
- Is designed to be delivered in the community, primarily through existing service-provision programs.
- Takes a team-based approach, involving PEARLS counselors, supervising psychiatrists, and medical providers.
- Aims to improve quality of life, as well as reduce depressive symptoms.
- Is well-suited for individuals with chronic illness.
Where can I find a PEARLS counselor?
Sound Generations offers PEARLS at senior and community centers in King County. Call your local center to see if they offer PEARLS.