In addition to our proven fall prevention programs, we help people maintain emotional and physical health through the following services.
Enhance®Wellness (EW) is an evidence-based program developed in partnership with the University of Washington that connects participants with a personal health and wellness coach to improve physical, emotional and social well-being.
Based on the Chronic Care Model, EW’s participant-centered approach uses motivational interviewing techniques and validated assessment tools in ten+ domains to guide health action plan creation and accountability. Through the use of problem solving strategies, participants clarify goals, responsibilities and activities as they work toward health-related behavioral change.
The Program to Encourage Active, Rewarding Lives (PEARLS) is proven to reduce depressive symptoms and improve quality of life in older adults.
During six to eight PEARLS session, counselors empower people to take action that will bring lasting changes. The sessions focus on brief behavioral techniques, so you can lead an active and rewarding life.
The PEARLS Program
- Focuses on teaching skills to create active and lasting changes.
- Is designed to be delivered in the community, primarily through existing service-provision programs.
- Takes a team-based approach, involving PEARLS counselors, supervising psychiatrists, and medical providers.
- Aims to improve quality of life, as well as reduce depressive symptoms.
- Is well-suited for individuals with chronic illness.
Where can I find a PEARLS counselor?
Sound Generations offers PEARLS at senior and community centers in King County. Call your local center to see if they offer PEARLS.