By 2025, 1 in 4 adults in King County will be 65 or older, and the number living in poverty will double. Gifts from you and other generous supporters are essential in helping us keep connected with local older adults by providing them with food assistance, transportation, health and wellness programs, and assistance services. There are many ways you can donate resources to support the tens of thousands of at-risk aging adults who rely on Sound Generations’ programs and services!
General Donation Questions
How can I donate to Sound Generations?
- You can donate online through our secure server here.
- You can donate checks or cash through the mail by filling out this form and sending it along with your gift to
ATTN: Marketing & Philanthropy
2208 Second Ave Suite 100
Seattle, WA 98121
- You can donate by phone by calling 206-727-6205 Monday-Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM PCT/PST.
- For more information, see our “Other Ways to Donate” section below.
When will I receive a receipt for my donation?
- If your gift was a one-time direct mail donation, you’ll receive a digital (if you have provided your email address) or paper acknowledgement within two weeks of making your gift.
- If your gift was made online, you will receive a digital receipt in your email. Please check your spam folder if you do not receive an email in your inbox within ten minutes of your donation confirmation.
- If your gift is a monthly or quarterly recurring donation, you will receive a yearly acknowledgement letter in January or February with your donation totals for the previous year.
- If you donated for one of our annual events, you will receive a digital (if you have provided your email address) or paper acknowledgement within two weeks of making your gift.
- To request a copy of your receipt, please contact us at email@example.com or 206-727-6205
When will the recipient of my tribute gift receive notification?
How do I change my recurring donation amount?
How do I stop or cancel my recurring donation?
How do I stop or limit mail from Sound Generations?
Have you received my donation?
How do I update my contact information?
To update the contact information on your donor profile, please visit https://soundgenerations.org/update/. You will have the option to update your email address, phone number, and mailing address.
Are donations to Sound Generations tax-deductible?
Yes. Sound Generations is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization and donations may be tax-deductible for donors filing federal income tax in the United States. Please consult your tax professional if you have any questions.
What is Sound Generation’s EIN/Federal Tax ID Number?
Our Federal Tax ID number is 91-0823767.
How does Sound Generations generate revenue?
Sound Generations is funded by a mix of individual, foundational, and governmental support – each of our programs has unique funding needs and sources. A detailed breakdown of our finances can be found here.
Other Ways to Donate
Can I donate supplies to Sound Generations?
Absolutely. See our page on what in-kind donations we accept.
Can I hold a fundraiser for Sound Generations?
Definitely! Learn more here.
Can I earmark my donations for a certain area/project?
You can choose which of our 13 programs or 5 Senior Center affiliated partners you would like to donate to (or Give Where It Is Needed Most)
Unfortunately, we do not offer geographically restrictive gifts at this time. All donations support older adults and adults with disabilities in King County.
How do I make a donation in honor or memory of someone?
We have options for both online and mail tribute gifts. Learn more here.
How do I join Sound Generations’ Leadership Giving major donor program?
How do I join Sound Generations’ Positive Aging Partners recurring giving program?
You can sign up anytime you make a donation! If you choose to donate online or through the mail, mark the box indicating you would like this gift to be recurring. You can also contact our Donor Relations Associate, Jaime, at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-727-6205. To learn more about our Positive Aging Partners program click here.
How else can I give to Sound Generations?
Check out this page for up-to-date information on other ways to give.
Sound Generations’ Marketing & Philanthropy team welcomes any suggestions you have!
Will Sound Generations accept a matching gift from my company?
Absolutely. Learn more here.