February 3, 2021
- Course Title: Dementia: Diagnosis and Treatment
- Instructor: Karen Kent, LMHC, GMHS
- The training is essential for any therapist working with older adults. There are two pathways to take with elders – one if they are cognitively intact and the other if they are cognitively impaired or have a dementia. It is crucial to determine which pathway is appropriate with every older client. This training will prepare therapists to assess for dementia using evidence-based tools and to differentiate between normal aging, dementia, delirium, and depression. The therapist will also be able to educate both the client and their families on treatments available and needed resources.
- CE’s: 6 Continuing Education credits for social workers, mental health clinicians and marriage and family counselors. Case managers and other service providers are also welcome to attend.
- HOURS: This class will be held on the Zoom. The class starts 9:00 am and concludes at 4:00pm. Instruction begins promptly at 9
If you have questions about classes prior to signing up, or are interested in teaching a workshop, please contact Maia McCoy at (206) 727-6258 or via email at email@example.com. She will be working with Robin Nelson, LICSW, GMHS who is the clinical supervisor for the GRAT team.
Register Here: https://bit.ly/GMHSworkshop
If online payment doesn’t work for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign-up and coordinate an alternative payment method.