September GMHS Class- Stress Reduction and Relaxation Techniques for Older Adults
September 15, 2021
Stress Reduction and Relaxation Techniques for Older Adults
- Wednesday, September 15th, 9AM - 4PM
- Instructors: Terri Haaga, MSW. LICSW, GMHS and Ryan Larsen, MSW, LICSW, ACHt
- Part one of this course (9 AM- 2 PM), led by Terri Haaga, will provide an overview of Stress, what the common symptoms are, how it can impact older adults and ways to intervene. Time will be spent gaining a basic understanding of the neurobiology of stress and how our clients can become mindful of their stress reactions. Easy to learn stress reduction and mindfulness techniques will be discussed and practiced throughout the course. Case examples will be utilized throughout the class. Part two (2-4 PM), led by Ryan Larsen, will be an introduction to guided meditation and trance. This section is intended to demystify hypnosis and trance states, teach clinicians how to use a trance based approach to help their clients deeply relax, and serve as a step off point for clinicians who want to go deeper into the subject of trance states or even go on to be hypnotherapists.
- CEUS Approved: 6 Continuing Education credits for social workers, mental health clinicians and marriage and family counselors. Case managers and other service providers are also welcome to attend.
- 6 HOURS: This class will be held on Zoom. The class starts promptly at 9:00 am and concludes at 4:00 pm.
- COST: $115 for the class. You can sign up for these workshop here: https://bit.ly/GMHSworkshop
If online payment doesn’t work for you, please email email@example.com to sign-up and coordinate an alternative payment method.