Meals on Wheels Drive
Join us in the fight against hunger in homebound older adults!
How It Works
Every year, Meals on Wheels hosts a holiday fundraiser by partnering with local grocery stores.
Volunteers distribute donation cards just outside partnering grocery stores, inviting customers to halt hunger by letting your cashier know they’d like to donate one meal, a week of meals, or a month of meals for an older adult. The amount is added to their grocery bill at check-out, and proceeds go to Meals on Wheels.
- One out of six seniors in Washington faces the threat of hunger.
- Meals on Wheels reduces senior hunger through weekly home-delivered meals to homebound elders in King County.
- The majority of Meals on Wheels participants are low-income.
- Sound Generations operates the largest and longest-running Meals on Wheels program in the state.
- Although many meal delivery programs use a wait-list, we never have. We’ve made a promise to deliver meals immediately to any eligible senior who needs us.
- Excellent nutrition helps keep seniors healthy and out of the hospital.
- A whole year of Meals on Wheels for a senior costs less than a one-night hospital stay.
Meals on Wheels is a food delivery program that ensures more than 2,100 homebound older adults aged 60+ have access to nutritious meals in King County. Drivers deliver nearly 350,000 meals a year while offering a social connection and providing access to other services that can assist them as they age at home.