Transportation services with a heart!
Do you need a ride for local errands? Did you give up driving? Is taking the bus difficult? Are your children missing work to help you with your transportation needs? Our Hyde Shuttle program can help!
The Hyde Shuttle program provides door-to-door van service for older adults and adults with disabilities throughout many communities in King County. Our friendly, specially-trained drivers transport riders to hot meal programs, medical appointments, senior centers, grocery stores and other local destinations. For those who have difficulty getting around, the service provides an opportunity to socialize and stay active within their communities.
To be an eligible rider for our Hyde Shuttle program, clients must meet at least one of the below:
- Aged 55 or over
- Person living with disabilities
- Living within one of our neighborhood service areas
- Rider Guide
- If you have a complaint or comment, please contact us by completing the attached pdf form.
- Complaint Policy
Schedule a Ride with Hyde Shuttle
Important Scheduling Information
Please read the following important ride scheduling information. No forms are required to schedule a ride.
- Scheduling hours are Monday through Friday, 8 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.
- Trained drivers provide you with personalized transportation to your appointments and activities.
- Donations are most appreciated.
- Hyde Shuttles only travel inside their local service area. For example, the Renton Hyde Shuttle only operates within Renton city limits. See the full list below to find a route near you.
Hyde Shuttle Service Areas
- Beacon Hill – Southeast Seattle
- Burien – Highline
- Central Seattle (First Hill, Capitol Hill, Central Area and the International District)
- Des Moines – Normandy Park
- Federal Way
- Northeast Seattle
- Northwest Seattle
- Queen Anne/Magnolia/Interbay
- Shoreline – Lake Forest Park
- Snoqualmie Valley
- West Seattle
Hyde Shuttle also transports older adults to hot meal programs at numerous locations throughout King County. Call (206) 727-6262 for information on sites and days of service. For Snoqualmie Valley call (425) 333-4009 or 1-877-415-3632.
Responses from Clients
“The Hyde Shuttle is an absolute Godsend and mere words cannot convey the appreciation I have for the services that you all provide! From the schedulers, to the dispatchers, to the drivers, every single person I have ever come in contact with has been courteous, professional and extremely kind. If it wasn’t for your organization I would be a complete shut-in, and a very depressed one at that. Because of you, I have some independence and that speaks volumes.”-Anonymous, Hyde Shuttle Client
“I live 55 miles from my parents and gladly take them to their doctor appointments, but in an effort to make my parents more independent, we decided they’d sign up for Hyde Shuttle. Driver Rick was wonderful about making my folks feel comfortable. He was friendly and warm. My folks were smiling and giddy when they returned and as Rick left he shook our hands and encouraged my folks to use Hyde Shuttle again.”-Anonymous, Hyde Shuttle Client
Hyde Shuttle History
The Hyde Shuttle program was created in 1997 and is named in honor of Lillian May Hyde, a longtime Seattle resident whose generous bequest provides funding for the Hyde Shuttles and aids countless seniors and people with disabilities in our community. Through our partnership with King County Metro, the Washington State Department of Transportation and Aging and Disability Services, we now have 38 vans on the road!
Interested in Becoming a Hyde Shuttle Driver?
Learn more about how to get involved with Hyde Shuttle by visiting our driver application page.