Volunteer with our Minor Home Repair program, which serves younger homeowners with disabilities, low-income family homeowners, and older adult homeowners who are faced with the challenge of affording home repairs.
You will contribute to various aspects of home repair in our client’s homes located in Seattle, Bellevue, and/or Shoreline.
• Review job tasks with onsite Maintenance Technician
• Follow directions of the technician to complete tasks
• Adhere to construction safety requirements
• Clean-up work area at end of the job
• Complete assigned jobs to the best of the volunteer’s ability
• Tasks include but are not limited to: assisting with toilet removal and installation, using power tools, replacing light bulbs, unclogging drains, cleaning, and installing grab bars
Skills and Requirements:
• You must be 18 years or older
• Respect and Maintain confidentiality of clients
• Ability to follow clear instructions to complete tasks
• Willingness to learn various construction duties and work on all tasks
• Sensitivity to socio-economical and cultural diversity
We ask volunteers to commit to 2 shifts a month for 6 months minimum, although those wishing to learn the construction trade will benefit from a weekly volunteer routine.
Interested? Please contact our Office Manager, Carrie Ann Bays with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply at the button below.